In a field like social work, it’s incredibly important to bring both an open mind and a broad perspective on many of today’s top social issues. International experience is one of the best ways to develop both of these, while pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone and growing as a professional. Social work internships abroad in Australia are a unique chance to experience social work abroad, learning from the country’s top organizations and individuals in the field.
Interns have previously been placed with:
Responsibilities at social work internships abroad in Australia may include:
- Assisting with planning for awareness campaigns and community engagement initiatives
- Conducting research and data analysis into regional demographics
- Drafting written marketing content including blogs and social media posts, managing social media accounts
- Coordinating with internal and external parties to plan events and fundraisers
- Researching potential funding sources and resources